Dear Renfrew Business Owner, Stakeholder, Resident:
Beginning in June 2017, the Town of Renfrew has commenced the design for Highway 60 - Downtown Reconstruction.
The existing street infrastructure has reached the end of its life-cycle, and the Town has identified the need for reconstruction. Main Street will be renewed as a “complete street” featuring wider sidewalks, on-street parking, and enhanced streetscaping.
The construction work will renew infrastructure in your neighborhood. Specifically, the works proposed include the introduction, rehabilitation and/or replacement of:
- Watermains and sanitary sewers;
- Lateral services to the property line/buildings;
- Road structure and pavement;
- Traffic control signal system, pedestrian crossings;
- Street amenities including landscaping;
- Utility reconstruction as required; and
- Street lighting and signage as funds permit.
Project Result and Timing
This major road work is planned to begin in the spring of 2018 and final completion is anticipated for fall of 2018.
The Project is being completed with financial contributions from the Ministry of Transportation’s 2017-18 Connecting Links Program and the Town of Renfrew.
The first Public Information Session will be held on:
Date: Wednesday, September 20, 2017
Presentation: 6:00 p.m.
Open House: 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Location: Renfrew Town Hall - Council Chambers,
127 Raglan Street South, Renfrew, Ontario, K7V 1P8
The purpose of this Public Open House is to present the preliminary plans for street reconstruction. This includes:
- The preliminary detailed designs.
Future sessions will be held to expand upon:
- Construction phasing and timing;
- Traffic management plans, including detours;
- Interim pedestrian routes; and
- Stakeholder communications.
Representatives from the Town of Renfrew and Jp2g Consultants Inc. will be available to discuss the project, answer questions and receive comments.
Click here to view the full notice.